Happy Friday friends! The sunshine out my window is such a tease right now because I KNOW (from my errand-running earlier today) just how COLD it really is outside! My kiddies had a 1/2 day at school (and I didn’t work), sooo I had to cram all of the “fun” shopping like…..Fresh Thyme, Kroger & even a quickie return/exchange at Mac’s favorite – Victoria’s Secret! Haha! I love joking with him about going into that store with me! I’m happy to report that not only did I get the shopping (and exchange/return) done in record time, but I even had time to run through the car wash AND pick up a coffee at Starbucks – bliss! We’ve just been hanging out ever since they got home & before I start getting things ready for our traditional “Friday Night Pizzas,” I thought I’d share a few “faves” from this past week. This one is a mixture of actual products AND moments because…….why not??
- Celebrating my Dad’s birthday with the family. My dad has been traveling for the past MONTH, so getting together for a little early birthday celebration when he returned was a no-brainer. If you know our family at all, you also know how much we LOVE getting together for Sunday dinners, so we did just that to celebrate my hard-working dad! My mom made her famous baked pork chops with the family “secret sauce,” scalloped potatoes and a huge salad. Also, there is no such thing as a birthday WITHOUT cake in my family, so I know my dad was thrilled to share this moment with his biggest fans (our newest fan Teddy included of course – my goodness he is SO dreamy!): My dad LOVES his grandbabies fiercely, so I know this birthday celebration was exactly what he wanted!
- My cold-shoulder obsession continues! Seriously, I cannot stop looking for and BUYING cold shoulder tops! I just love them! I actually discovered this gem in my closet – I had forgotten all about it! Nordstrom Rack is such a lifesaver! I swear you can’t go wrong in that store! This cold shoulder by Bobeau is super cute with either jeans or leggings (which is how I wore it of course!) Size down if you are scooping one up! I regret not getting one size smaller, but oh well! How cute will this look with white jeans, too? Eeek – LOVE IT! Next purchase? The allusive camo cold shoulder that I’ve been hunting down here at local boutiques, but refusing to pay full price!
- The hubby’s return home! I’m going to preface this by saying we are NOT used to my husband traveling! He was gone this past week for 7 days! Needless to say the kids bid him a rather teary goodbye last Wednesday (as in Parker cried all the way to school)! He traveled, first, to Florida as part of a guy’s trip for golf & then went on from Florida to Las Vegas for a big industry show (work). The kids and I kept busy while he was gone – work, school, easy-breezy dinners (as in I barely cooked) & plenty of time with Mimi (my mom). By this Wednesday, however, we were more than ready to have Chris come home. The kids were SO excited & even decorated the house with plenty of “Welcome Home” signs!
- Our “Alexa!” Hands down one of the best gifts my parents gave Chris for Christmas! We use our gal Alexa all the time! Parker and I are currently enjoying a constant stream of Justin Timberlake songs! She is amazing! I know she has tons of other waaaaaay more advanced capabilities, but right now I’m just happy with commercial-free music streaming, straight news, weather & the occasional answer to a cooking question
- My 6 week recovery is UP! I’m easing back into gym life….and possibly taking my first group fitness class (in OVER 6 weeks) tomorrow morning! Wish me luck! I’m shocked by how nervous and hesitant I am getting back into my routine! That said, my arms need weights BADLY!!! Slowly, but surely…..here I go (again)!!! Phew….between issues with my Outlook & other random happenings, this post has taken a LONG time! Time for relaxing with the fam & making our Friday Night Pizza!!!!
Enjoy the weekend friends!
xoxo – Jamie