It’s been a very foggy, cloudy, chilly Monday here in Indy! We celebrated the 100th day of school (by “we” I mean I subbed 1/2 day in kindergarten where the entire day was in celebration of the number 100 AND Park got to do some fun things in 1st grade in honor of the 100th day)! Here’s my little lady as a cute little old granny:
Those glasses were everything (a steal from Party City) & she loves them! Plus, we finally got that thick head of hair of hers in an actual bun, so we were pretty excited about that huge feat!
So, after a long day of celebration at school, we came home & the only thing that sounded good to us was – – – SOUP! Now I can make a mean (and easy) chicken noodle soup, so that’s exactly what I did! Seriously, we’re talking delicious chicken (noodle, rice…..no noodle) soup in less than an hour! Want to hear how? Well, here you go……
- I roasted 3 chicken breasts (leftover from what I used for our dinner last night). I drizzled the tops with olive oil & simply seasoned with salt/pepper. Roasted at 385 for 35 minutes.
- I sauteed fresh garlic, 1/4 onion (chopped), several stalks of celery (chopped) and about 4-5 carrots (chopped) until soft with olive oil, salt, pepper, rosemary, parsley and a dash of oregano.
- I dumped in 2 cartons of organic chicken stock once the veggies were soft.
- I shredded the cooled chicken & added that to the pot with 1 bay leaf.
- I cooked all of this at medium high until it boiled, then turned down to let it simmer for as long as possible.
- You can add noodles, rice, etc., but I always try to cook on the side in case I’m in an anti-carb mood, but know my kids ALWAYS need noodles or rice in their soup!
Voila! Quick & easy chicken soup! Garnish with fresh parsley, avocado (yep, why not?) or even fresh Parmesan cheese! Even easier? Buy a rotisserie chicken at the store (Fresh Thyme has the best!), shred & add that to your base!
Cheers to Monday friends because it’s just about OVER!!!
xoxo – Jamie