TGIF friends! We’ve made it through the first FULL week of school! YAY! It’s been a great, but exhausting week! Of course we’re all still adjusting to our new schedule around here, so I’m hopeful it will get easier & easier as the year goes on. I mean, it has to, right? That said, I’m trying my very hardest to balance everything – family, work, friends, fitness, household chores & blogging! While I had good intentions of a What I Ate Wednesday post & even snapped all of the photos to go along with it, it kind of rolled into today’s post which is – Foodie Friday: School Edition. Whoops! Good intentions, I tell ya!
What I had forgotten about from last year was the 100% lack of time there is to EAT at school! I mean, it’s not like I can whip out some rice cakes & hummus during a math lesson & snack because I’m hungry! My summertime was frequent and satisfying, while my school year eating is random, and very quick! Here’s a look at what I mean – this was Wednesday’s “what I ate:”
- My morning coffee – of course.
- Breakfast: 2 coffee mug microwave scrambled, 1/4 avocado & hot sauce.
- Mid-morning “sneaky” snack (I ate pieces of this while the kids were working on an assignment!) My current fave Larabar flavor is Mocha Chip!
- Lunch: Chopped salad (thank you Dole) with rotisserie chicken (thank you Fresh Thyme), sunflower seeds, leftover grilled sweet peppers & balsamic dressing.
- Dinner: Crockpot Salsa Chicken over lettuce with avocado, more salsa, and sour cream
That’s IT, folks! Definitely a change for this body coming off summer & eating pretty much whenever I wanted! YIKES! I HAVE started hauling some fresh fruit with me & sneaking that during down times in class (no one has complained yet – and kids are the very FIRST to notice stuff like this)! I’m sure I’ll get used to it & probably should appreciate the instant portion control that comes with having to consume lunch in a mere 30 minutes or less! But, I AM curious – teaching friends, what are your “go to” sneaky snacks and/or meals? Is this how you eat during the week, too? This girl is STARVING!
Of course….moving forward with this “Foodie Friday” I’m deep into our Friday Night Pizza-making, so I am signing off quickly before a few guests arrive!
I hope everyone’s had a great week! Cheers to the weekend!
xoxo – Jamie