Well, so much for focusing on the blog this week! I had good intentions of rolling out some ideas for daily themes, so stay tuned for those in the days to come! My Friday Favorites post is and always will be my favorite! I love sharing these!
Sooo…..here we go!
- L’Oreal’s Infallible Pro Matte Foundation: I know I raved about It Cosmetics “Your Skin But Better” CC cream, but I started to feel like it was “melting” off by midday. I did a little test with a near empty tube of the Infallible Pro Matte I had in my makeup case & was thrilled to realize that this (less expensive) foundation had the same GREAT coverage, but lasted ALL DAY (and didn’t feel/look melted or greasy). I rushed out to pick up more & will keep the CC for backup!
- OPI’s Aurora Berry-alis Gel Nail Color: I wasn’t quite ready for a light springy color when I went in to get my gel redone this past week, buuuuuut I did know that I was OVER my dark grey nails & wanted something that would transition well into spring. I picked OPI’s Aurora Berry-alis (a color that was new to me) & couldn’t love it more! I tend to stick with a color I like for several weeks, and I’ll def. go back to this one next time! Love it! That said, I’d love to try white nails this summer (when I have some color), but am scared about them getting “dirty” looking. For those of you who regularly do white, do you have to get the gel redone sooner than 2 weeks? Curious.
- Crest Whitestrips: The other day at ballet one of the gals pulled me aside and asked me how my teeth were so white! A HUGE compliment to me because I am OBSESSED with teeth. There are those who say they notice someone’s eyes first, then there’s me who looks/notices teeth IMMEDIATELY. But, let me go back a bit because when I say I notice teeth, I MOSTLY just notice (and am completely side-tracked by) NICE teeth. My kids can vouch for me because they’ve definitely heard me say (out loud) “My goodness they have amazing teeth!” a few hundred times. I mean, did you watch Breaking Bad & fall in love with Jessie Pinkman (actor Aaron Paul) because of his teeth? I did. If you or someone in your family is a fishing fan, or maybe even watches fishing shows, how about Peter Miller’s teeth? Also have you seen Jesse Palmer? Those TEETH. I’m obsessed. That said, my not-so-secret whitening method is Crest Whitestrips. I order them via Amazon & my teeth always look incredible in just a few days! Promise! Grab ’em!
- Big Little Lies: I know most of you have already seen this, but I had to actually add HBO to my account just to watch this. I FLEW through the entire season in just a few days & was IN LOVE. First, I wanted to pack up (immediately) and move to southern California. Second, I wanted to be friends with Reese Witherspoon’s (Madeline Martha Mackenzie) character. Third, I was SO GLAD it ended how it did (good riddance Perry). That was GENIUS. I have no idea how they will pull a second season from this considering this season WAS the entire book (give or take), but I’m sure I’ll have to watch that too. What started as a freebie 5 day trial to HBO has now turned into a $10.99 per month subscription because I’m now deeply involved with Game of Thrones. Sigh.
- The 2018 Winter Olympics: We have LOVED watching the Winter Olympics as a family this year! I’ll be so sad when they are over this weekend! It’s rare that our entire family enjoys the same thing on TV anymore, soooo watching the prime time Olympic events has been so much fun for us! Anyone else? Our family’s favorite events have been snowboarding half pipe, snowboarding big air, short track skiing, downhill skiing, figure skating, and 2-man bobsledding.
Sooooo, that’s about it from here today! The hubs is currently on his way home from South Carolina & I look forward to having a pretty low key weekend! I’ve worked all week (except Monday since the kiddies were out of school for President’s Day) & our house needs some serious attention. They are predicting another FULL DAY of RAIN tomorrow, so I am predicting a lazy morning…..after 8:30 barre class of course! If I’m lucky, too, the hubby will make dinner on Saturday night & prepare his famous spicy tuna sashimi stacks. I’m prettttttty sure his recipe is a secret. Click HERE for a similar version. They are AMAZING (and look so pretty too)!
I hope everyone has a GREAT weekend! Stay tuned for those special “theme” days that I’ll be rolling out……soon.
xoxo – Jamie