As I find myself ALONE in a quiet house (rare), I thought it would be fun to share what I’m “currently” up to, so here it goes:
- Baking chocolate chip cookies for the kiddies. Homemade you ask? Heck no…..the “break and bake” kind all the way! They are genius!
- Drinking (and LOVING) Fresh Thyme’s Salted Caramel coffee. Seriously, I might like this coffee MORE than my beloved Starbucks Christmas Blend. It is AMAZING & I’m a little embarrassed by how many times I’ve been back into the store to get more in the past couple of weeks!
- Listening to Keith Urban’s Blue Ain’t Your Color. Did you see him at the Golden Globes on Sunday night? Goodness he is PRETTY (and that’s a compliment Keith, promise)!
- Following one of my new favorite bloggers on Instagram for the BEST and most RELATABLE/AFFORDABLE style inspiration – Jennifer Reed from The Sister Studio. Who else follows her? She is awesome – – I love everything she posts / suggests (and despite the affordable prices, I’d still be BROKE if I bought everything)! Hurry over to Instagram & FOLLOW her!! Also make sure you’re signed up for the LIKEtoKNOW.it app so that you can be linked to everything she snaps!
- Crushing on a few new things I was lucky enough to try on this morning while shooting at State of Grace Boutique….mainly these two: the PERFECT front knot long sleeve tee (essential “basic”) & this long leopard print cardigan. LOVE. Hurry over for these two ladies, they will go quickly!
- Answering many questions about the self tanner I am OBSESSED with – haha! I guess it’s that time of year where we are OVER pasty white skin, right? So, for the record, YOU NEED Fake Bake Flawless self-tanner! It is fool-proof, streak-proof, and stink-free! I usually apply every other day because I’m in workout clothes so often & haaaaaate pasty white arms! It’s SO GOOD and SO CHEAP ($12.95)!
- Dreaming of……warmer temps and VACATION! Although we don’t have anything set in stone for our summer vacation yet, you know I am hoping we can spend plenty of quality time in Naples, Florida.
- DREADING saying “goodbye” to my fave workout studio for 4 weeks! Yep, that’s right, I’ll be on a 4 week hiatus from barre class starting next Wednesday as I am having another hernia repaired. Who knew I’d have two of those (horrid) surgeries under my belt in less than 1 year? Boo. That said, I decided to have this one (umbilical) repaired NOW as opposed to LATER so that I’d have plenty of time to recover and whip myself back into shape before warmer temps! I hope this recovery is easier than the last! I appreciate prayers because, as many of you know, time away from “regularly scheduled fitness” is pretty much torture for me!
- Observing our church’s annual 21 Days of Prayer and Fasting by…….get this, FASTING purchasing anything for myself for the next 21 days. Yep, despite my love of ALL things clothing, fashion, etc., it’s important to recognize that STUFF is just that….STUFF. As the pastor of our church often says…..God wants you to have nice things, just don’t let those THINGS have YOU. So as much as I love double clicking all of those fashion bloggers pics on Instagram, that’s all it will be for the next 21 days.
10. Watching Peaky Blinders (after I stuck it out through the first episode which was less than impressive)! It reminds me of Sons of Anarchy which was one of my fave series to binge watch, so I’m totally hooked! You can bet I’ll finish this one quickly as I recover from surgery next week!
Soooo, that’s what’s up here at the Thompson household. I finished this up right before the kiddies are due home. Enjoy!
xoxo – Jamie